The current Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library was dedicated on April 21, 1974. It was named for Abel Morneault after his wife donated $20,000 to the building of the library.
The library has since been joined by the Martine A. Pelletier Special Collections Room, which was dedicated on Nov. 3, 1996. This room houses many of the objects and images of historical significance owned by the library.
The origins of a Van Buren library date back to 1941 when the Rev. St. Onge recruited several of students from the Boy's High School to help him collect books from local residents.
Selected Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library images: